WE ARE LOOKING FOR A COMMUNITY KEY WORKER TO JOIN OUR MINERVA WRAPAROUND TEAM
Job Title: WrapAround Community Key Worker
Salary: £26,000 – £29,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Based across our two women’s centres (West and North/East) with travel across allocated boroughs as required to provide targeted support to women.
Contract: Permanent (current funding for the project is until March 2022)
Hours: 35 hour per week
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community, and with personal experience of the criminal justice system.
What we do:
Advance is an award-winning and innovative women-only organisation, established in 1998, providing emotional and practical support to women and girls who are survivors of domestic abuse and supporting women with short-term sentences to reduce offending. We believe in empowering women and girls to lead safe, non-violent, equal lives so that they can flourish and contribute to the community.
About the role:
Advance’s Minerva service works with women involved in the Criminal Justice System offering safe, targeted support and advocacy to women to help them address their complex needs in relation to the 9 pathways to offending, such as substance misuse and financial difficulties. Minerva aims are to reduce re-offending, encourage desistance amongst repeat offenders, divert women from Criminal Justice involvement as early as possible and reduce the number of custodial sentences imposed by Courts.
The Minerva WrapAround service is a 3-year programme launched in May 2018 to provide enhanced support to women and girls who have committed crime and are at risk of re-offending, with complex multiple needs. The service is designed to be a “whole system” response offering an enhanced service to women and girls who have been assessed as having complex needs and therefore require additional support in the form of additional key-work sessions, innovative interventions or diversionary and group-work sessions and access to a women-only Centre in their region.
What you will bring:
• Significant experience of front-line work with women experiencing issues related to offending, such as homelessness, substance misuse, domestic violence or mental health, ideally within a criminal justice setting
• An in-depth understanding of issues facing women offenders and those at risk of offending, both in and outside of the criminal justice system.
• Experience of crisis management in this key worker setting as well as experience of working in partnership with relevant statutory and voluntary groups and maintaining strong constructive working relationships.
• Experience of setting and maintaining professional boundaries with service users whilst delivering an excellent standard of service and being able to cope in stressful situations.
What we offer:
• 30 days holiday plus public holidays pro rata, and a day off for International Women’s Day
• Pension scheme
• Clinical supervision
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• The opportunity to work in a flexible, supportive environment with a team of committed, inspiring women and we will support you as you to continue to build your skills and experience and grow your career
Please find the full job description and person specification here: Advance Minerva Community keyworker-WA Job description 2020
The closing date for this position is Friday 29th January.
We will be assessing applications and scheduling interviews on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the post earlier than advertised. We encourage applications at your earliest convenience.
To apply, please send your CV along with a supporting statement setting out how you meet the criteria for the role and indicating where you first saw this role advertised, your notice period and salary expectations to email@example.com
Please note that any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org