WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED OUTREACH WORKER TO JOIN OUR WHOLE HOUSING TEAM AND PROVIDE SUPPORT ACROSS WESTMINSTER
Job Title: Outreach Advocate (Multiple Support)
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000 per annum dependent on experience
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Work Location: Based at the Advance Head Office in Hammersmith with outreach work across Westminster
Contract: Fixed term until 31st March 2022
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community.
The Outreach Advocacy position is part of the Whole Housing Approach project between Advance, Standing Together Against Domestic Abuse (STADA) and the local authority. The project aims to improve housing pathways for street homeless women in Westminster with multiple and complex needs, who are experiencing domestic abuse. The purpose of the Outreach Advocate role is to work directly with domestic abuse survivors with multiple and complex needs, coordinate the response agencies involved to efficiently address risks, meet multiple needs, ensure short- and long-term safety and secure future stability.
What you will bring:
As an experienced domestic violence advocate who has worked with complex and multiple needs, the post holder will be skilled in risk management and safety planning, remaining calm in a crisis and in handling sensitive information daily. Experience of direct work with female survivors of domestic violence, of supporting women involved with complex needs, and of working within safeguarding procedures is essential for this post, as is the need to adopt and promote a strong partnership approach to service provision.
In short, you will have:
• A thorough understanding of violence against women and girls with a particular focus on domestic violence (physical, emotional and sexual violence, so-called ‘honour- based violence’, forced marriage and FGM).
• An excellent understanding of the social care system, complex needs and relevant legislation with particular regard to welfare rights, housing, homelessness and criminal and civil options, matrimonial and children.
• A thorough understanding of challenges involved in providing support to survivors of domestic abuse with multiple needs enduring mental health needs, physical health needs, alcohol dependency and substance dependency.
• An understanding of the issues faced by homeless or vulnerably housed people, and the difficulties they experience in accessing services.
What we offer:
• 30 days holiday plus public holidays pro rata, and a day off for International Women’s Day
• Pension scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Staff away days
In addition to the great benefits listed above, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, supportive environment with a team of committed, inspiring women and we will support you as you to continue to build your skills and experience and grow your career.
For the full job description and person specification please click here: Outreach Advocate (Multiple Support) Westminster – JD June 2021
Applications close on Sunday 27th June 2021.
Please note that we will be scheduling interviews on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the post earlier than advertised. We encourage applications at your earliest convenience.
To apply: Please send your CV along with a supporting statement addressing your suitability for and interest in the role, paying particular attention to the person specification, and indicating where you first saw this role advertised, your notice period and salary expectations to email@example.com
Please note that any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org