WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED MANAGER TO JOIN OUR TEAM AND LEAD ON DELIVERING ESSENTIAL SERVICES TO WOMEN ENGAGED WITH THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM ACROSS WEST LONDON
Salary: £31,000 – £34,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Hammersmith – West London
Hours: 35 hours per week
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community, and with personal experience of the criminal justice system.
What we do:
Advance is a well-respected, award-winning and innovative women-only organisation, established in 1998, providing emotional and practical support to women experiencing domestic abuse and supporting women with short-term sentences to reduce offending. Through the Minerva service, our goal is to divert women from the Criminal Justice System at the earliest opportunity and prevent families breaking down as a result.
As an experienced manager with a proven track record of leadership in providing services to women in the criminal justice system or similar, the post holder will lead and manage the pan-London Minerva service across 8-12 boroughs in her region. She will be responsible for the operation of the service; ensuring outcomes and impact are delivered in line with the funder requirements and manage the relationship with partners and funders in delivery of this service at the required standard within her region. She will also ensure delivery of quality systems, ensuring high quality of service and safeguarding standards. She will be responsible for recruiting, developing and managing the Keyworkers.
What you will bring:
• Significant experience of working in the criminal justice system, for example within or in partnership with Probation services or similar offender services.
• An in-depth knowledge of issues facing women offenders and those at risk of offending; both in and out of the criminal justice system interwoven with a thorough understanding of violence against women and girls and its links to women in the criminal justice system.
• Strong experience of supervision of staff and volunteers, including managing performance and achieving targets with a focus on building a strong and dynamic team culture through periods of change.
• Thorough knowledge of safeguarding practice, procedures, and legislation
• Experience of working directly with women presenting complex needs related to offending (e.g. substance misuse, homelessness, poor mental health).
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to engage a broad range of stakeholders.
• The innate ability to network, influence, problem solve, overcome barriers, and apply solution focused approaches.
• Strong leadership and management experience, with the ability to coach and develop a team and drive a high-performance culture.
• A flexible, proactive approach and the ability to remain calm and objective in stressful situations.
• Good project and time management skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
What we offer:
• 30 days holiday plus public holidays, and a day off for International Women’s Day
• Pension scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Various forms of wellbeing support ranging from meditation to self-journaling
• Organisation wide away days
• The opportunity to work in a flexible, supportive environment with a team of committed, inspiring women and we will support you as you to continue to build your skills and experience and grow your career
Please find the full job description here: Regional Manager – JD 2021 – FINAL
The closing date for applications is Sunday 16th May
To apply: Please send your CV with a supporting statement setting out how you meet the criteria for the role and details of your notice period, salary expectations and where you first heard of this vacancy to email@example.com
Please note that any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory enhanced DBS check
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org