The 10 Angelou Partner organisations, led by Advance, work together to address domestic abuse and sexual violence supporting women and girls in Central and West London, including those in marginalised communities.
The service has delivered specialist support in Central and West London boroughs to more than 3,000 women and children each year.
Through a coordinated community response, the Angelou Partnership improves access to services and outcomes for survivors, holding perpetrators to account.
Advance’s CEO, Niki Scordi, said:
“Violence against women and girls is of epidemic proportions, affecting one in three women in our community, and has devastating and long-lasting impact. The Angelou Partnership, an alliance of 10 specialist women’s services led by Advance, works closely with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster City Council, to support women and children to be safe and move forward from the trauma of abuse. We are proud to be part of this innovative collaboration between statutory and voluntary partners coming together to support our community.”
Cllr Emma Will, Kensington and Chelsea Council’s Lead Member for Community Safety, said:
“That’s why the work of the Angelou Partnership is so important, supporting people when they need it most as we try to build a safer borough, for everyone. It’s been humbling to meet the people doing this difficult job. Their empathy and expertise is crucial to helping survivors rebuild their lives and access the right support, at the right time.”
Each partner offers a different kind of specialist support, such as services tailored to BAME and LGBT+ communities. We built the Advance Angelou partnership to offer a range of specialisms from different organisations because every woman’s experience is multi-faceted. Sexuality, gender identity, colour, disability and class all impact an experience of domestic abuse.
For all press enquiries, please contact:
- Advance’s vision is a world in which women and children lead safe, equal, violence-free lives so that they can flourish and actively contribute to society. The charity works with women who experience domestic abuse to be safe and take control of their lives, and women who have committed crime or are at risk of offending to break the cycle.
- As well as providing direct support, Advance works with statutory services, government agencies and other women’s charities to ensure a holistic approach to the issues these women face.
- Advance works in partnership with 10 specialist organisations to deliver holistic services to survivors in the way they need it. Read more about our Whole VAWG Services
- Women must be referred to Advance, via statutory services or the charity’s self-referral scheme. For more information about who Advance is able to support, please visit Get Help
- For facts and statistics about domestic abuse and women in the criminal justice system, as well as Advance’s work, please visit Our Impact
About Advance’s Angelou Partnership
- Address all forms of violence and abuse including domestic abuse, sexual violence, harmful practices
- Offer specialist support to children and young people, to LBGT+ survivors and to women from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities.
- The Angelou Partnership is supported by three London Boroughs through joint commissioning of this Integrated VAWG Services model, the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham, the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea and the Westminster City Council.